Genetic Nurses & Genetics Counsellors
Inga Bjornevoll - Norway
Cristophe Cordier - France
Ramona Moldovan - Romania
Clara Serra - Spain
Outlines of the process of registration for genetic counsellors and genetic nurses in Europe.
Approval of Master's Programme in Genetic Counselling
The EBMG Genetic Counsellor Division has reviewed the curricula of European Master's programmes to assess whether the programmes comply with the European core curriculum for genetic counsellors. The following programmes comply fully with the core curriculum and are suitable training programmes for European genetic counsellors:
- Cardiff University, UK,
- University of Manchester, UK
- Université de la Méditerranée - Aix Marseille II, Marseilles, France
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain.
- Professionalizing Master Course on Genetic Counselling at ICBAS, Universidade do Porto, Portugal
- MSc in Genetic Counselling at Babes-Bolyai University, Romania. Students who pass this course and undertake the additional student placement offered by the programme will be eligible to register as genetic counsellors with the EBMG.