Guidelines for presenters
Please see here for more information on your presentation format.
Please note the following important point for POSTER sessions:
In order for the personalised programme function to work properly in the itinerary builder and the ESHG Conference App, all posters have to be slotted on the day of their discussion (i.e. "05. Poster discussions by day") although they will be on display for the entire conference.
Therefore all poster session numbers carry an "A" or "B" (for Sunday) and "C" or "D" (for Monday), e.g. PA01 and PB01; PC02 and PD02, etc.
You will find a second poster session type (06. Posters in sequence) that allows you to browse abstracts in the same sequence in which they will be on display in the poster area.
Notification on acceptance of submitted abstracts
Notifications on acceptance have been sent in the third week of March, 2016. Please contact conference(at)eshg.org if you have not received the notification.
Important Information on the Selection Process
All abstracts are peer-reviewed and ranked on the basis of scientific merit by experts in the category selected. The Scientific Program Committee uses these rankings to develop the scientific sessions. Abstracts are assigned to either plenary, parallel, or poster sessions.
The ESHG meetings have currently 3 types of acceptance for submissions:
- Spoken presentation in a concurrent or plenary session
- Poster presentation in one of the poster sessions
- Electronic Poster presentation: in the electronic poster area
IMPORTANT: Note that the presentation at the meeting will be the condition for the publication of the abstract in the electronic supplement of the European Journal of Human Genetics.
Please note that you may be presenting author of only one paper, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
Multiple submissions with identical presenting authors will be automatically rejected.
Identical submissions from different first authors will also be automatically rejected.
Abstracts containing no results or structure will be rejected.
ESHG Abstract Submission Topics 2016
01. Reproductive Genetics/Prenatal Genetics
02. Sensory disorders (eye, ear, pain)
03. Internal organs & endocrinology (lung, kidney, liver, gastrointestinal)
04. Skeletal, connective tissue, ectodermal and skin disorders
05. Cardiovascular disorders
06. Metabolic and mitochondrial disorders
07. Immunology and hematopoietic system
08. Intellectual Disability
09. Neurogenetic and psychiatric disorders
10. Neuromuscular disorders
11. Multiple Malformation/anomalies syndromes
12. Cancer genetics
13. Basic mechanisms in molecular and cytogenetics
14. New diagnostic approaches, technical aspects & quality control
15. Personalized/Predictive Medicine and Pharmacogenomics
17. Epigenetics and Gene Regulation
18. Genetic epidemiology/Population genetics/Statistical methodology and evolutionary genetics
19. Genetic counselling/Education/public services
20. Psychological/Ethical/legal issues
Young Investigator Awards and Fellowships
Young Investigator Awards
The ESHG awards prizes of EUR 500.- for outstanding research by young scientists presented as a spoken contribution at the conference, namely:
- Young Investigator Awards for Outstanding Science
- Isabelle Oberlé Award for Research on Genetics of Mental Retardation
- Lodewijk Sandkuijl Award for the best talk in Statistical Genetics
- Vienna Medical Academy Award for the best talk in Translational Medicine
- Mia Neri Award for the best talk in childhood cancer
- ESHG Poster Awards
All young scientists submitting spoken presentations are encouraged to apply by ticking the corresponding box during submission. The nominee must be first author (i.e. presenting author) on an abstract submitted for spoken presentation and should not be more than four years post-doctoral and not a Principal Investigator (P.I.).
The best scored abstracts in each topic, which could not be selected for oral presentation will automatically compete for the ESHG Poster Award.
Authors wishing to be considered for these awards should complete the appropriate boxes during abstract submission.
Deadline for application is February 15, 2016