Membership Application or Renewal
We would like to invite you to consider becoming a member of the European Society of Human Genetics.
Benefits of membership include:
- Subscription to the European Journal of Human Genetics
- Reduced registration fee to the European Human Genetics Conferences
- Society newsletter
- Society membership directory
- Educational initiatives with the European Genetics Foundation
- Eligability to vote for Board members
- Access to the members-only Web Portal
Types of Membership as of 2018
There are several classes of membership:
Membership year from January to December
|1 year||2 years||3 years|
|Regular ESHG Membership |
Includes online access to the European Journal of Human Genetics for one calendar year (January 1 - December 31). Open to all individuals in European and NON-European countries.
|EUR 100.-||EUR 190.-||EUR 270.-|
|If you do want to receive a Print Subscription to the European Journal of Human Genetics: |
Mail printed version of EJHG - EURO 25/year additionally to the Regular Membership fee
|EUR 25.-||EUR 50.-||EUR 75.-|
For subscriptions that include the printed journal: Members providing payment after January 1, 2018 will receive the next month's printed journal together with the back issues for the calendar year.
ESHG Trainee Membership
|Emeritus membership. |
Open to those who have retired from their position and practice, are over 65 years of age and who have previously been ESHG Members for at least 5 years. Emeritus members receive all information about the Society and may vote. Includes online access to the European Journal of Human Genetics for one calendar year (January 1 - December 31).
|EUR 50.-||EUR 95.-||EUR 135.-|
|Collective membership is available for eligible persons from underprivileged countries. A group of five individuals has to register collectively (please use this form).||EUR 100.-|
|Joint ESHG-ASHG ONLINE Membership |
Full membership of both societies, including online subscriptions to the EJHG & AJHG. Joint membership is only available in the regular member categories and for the calendar year - from Jan until Dec. The combined membership fee represents a 20% discount for the ASHG and ESHG regular membership fee and comprises: EUR 80 (80% of ESHG regular membership fee) + EUR 130 (80% of the ASHG regular membership fee).
Note that this fee is subject to USD<->EUR exchange fluctuations and is adapted accordingly each year.
Joint ESHG/ASHG Trainee Memberships
NOTE: Applications submitted between:
- January 1 and October 31 are effective for the current year. Approved applicants will receive all publications mailed since January 1 of the current year.
- Membership applications from November 1 to December 31 are effective for the following calendar year. Benefits will begin on January 1 the following calendar year.
Please note that if you renew during the year your Membership will still end in December, regardless of the date of renewal, as membership of the society is for one calendar year (from January to December).
Dispatch of journals/activation of online access
Delivery of the journal will not commence until we have received payment of your membership fee. You will receive an email with your access data as soon as your online journal account is active.
Payment of subscription
Payment may be made by
- Credit card (Mastercard, VISA)
- Bank transfer Payments must be made without charges to the beneficiary.
Unfortuantely cheques can no longer be accepted, due to the high handling fees involved.