European Society of Human Genetics - ESHG
ESHG is an international professional society (originally founded in 1967), which
- promotes research in basic and applied human and medical genetics
- facilitates contact between all persons who share these aims
Our members (researchers, clinicians, laboratory scientists, psychologists and other social scientists, bioethicists, non-medical genetic counsellors) are involved in all disciplines of human genetics, including:
- biochemical, clinical, cancer, molecular and population genetics
- cytogenetics and molecular cytogenetics
The Society offers the possibility of meeting and collaborating with colleagues throughout Europe.
We are especially interested in encouraging young scientists and clinicians, and in the transfer of technology and provision of genetic services for the emerging European countries.
The Society's activities include:
- organization of the annual European Human Genetics Conference
- publication of the European Journal of Human Genetics
- active Committees and Subcommittees
The Society has a governing Board and Statutes.
The Society is a founding member of the International Federation of Human Genetics Societies.
The Society is registered in Austria (ZVR 1086789529). Its administrative office is in Vienna, Austria.